PSYCHOLOGICALLY SPEAKING

Dr. Edward A. Dreyfus, a clinical psychologist, relationship counselor, sex therapist, and life coach, posts articles and information regarding a variety of psychological issues confronting people every day. In addition, he responds to questions about relationships, sexual difficulties, and other concerns that have been submitted through his website.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Monica, California, United States

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Masturbation

I am away from my girlfriend for a while and masturbate a lot. Does this affect my sperm count in any way or affect my sexualperformance?

Masturbation will not affect your sperm count. Masturbation in and of itself will not affect sexual performance. However, if you are practicing rapid masturbation, i.e, trying to finish quickly, you might be building a habit of rapid ejaculation. Also, the recovery time required between ejaculations varies from person to person. Hence, if you require a lengthy recovery time then trying to have intercourse shortly after masturbation may require a longer time to ejaculate again. The younger men are, the shorter the recovery time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and my husband have been married for 5 months and have been having sex for almost 11 months but I have not yet had an orgasm. What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong?

11:54 AM  
Blogger DocDreyfus said...

Just because you have not achieved orgasm with your husband does not mean that something is "wrong" with you. The more important issue is how well do you know your self and your body. What do you know about what you need by way of an emotional connection in order to feel sexaully aroused? Most women need to feel a romantic, tender, loving connection with their lover and the depth of this intimate connection may vary from woman to woman. Similarly, what kind of physical stimulation do you need to feel sexually aroused? This, too, varies from woman to woman. The type and quality of contact is very important for sexual arousal and subsequent orgasm. Men and women are different in this regard. Men often can achieve sexual arousal and orgasm without an emotional connection. They tend to be more physically oriented in the sexuality. Hence, with this difference between the sexes and variations among women, it becomes crucially important that you discover what is important to you and then communicate it to your husband. Once you are able to achieve orgasm on your own, you can then teach your husband how to pleasure you. Fulfilling sex is like good ballroom dancing; it takes practice, communication, and effort.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in my LATE 50's when I had my first real climax (with intercourse). I can't help but think of this man as an angel sent from God. :) :)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is kind of weird but, i have been married for 4 years and the sex is great. But i can only have an orgasm in one position. My husband likes to change and do different positions. What is wrong with me? Is that normal????

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home