PSYCHOLOGICALLY SPEAKING

Dr. Edward A. Dreyfus, a clinical psychologist, relationship counselor, sex therapist, and life coach, posts articles and information regarding a variety of psychological issues confronting people every day. In addition, he responds to questions about relationships, sexual difficulties, and other concerns that have been submitted through his website.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Monica, California, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Speaking Up About Likes

I am a 41 year old woman. I want my husband to be a little more forceful when we have sex, but he's afraid he will hurt me. I've told him many times, but he just doesn't get it. Any tips on how I can get it through his head?

Perhaps if you took the lead to show your husband what it is that you want, he would get the idea. Sexual relatiohships are similar to ballroom dancing. Someone has to take the lead. Often when you tell a man what you want, he experiences it as being bossed around or he feels that he is not doing his job. Men usually want to please their women. However, they need to know exactly what is expected. You have to spell out and/or demonstrate what you mean by "more aggressive." He can then follow your lead. And don't forget to do it lovingly, rather than critically or demandingly. Make it fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home